Head of Fundraising & Supporter Engagement (Maternity Cover)
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK - supporting 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
Are you an inspirational and motivated Leader with extensive experience in fundraising?
We have an exciting opportunity for an innovative, passionate and strategic individual to join our team on a 12-month fixed-term maternity cover contract as Head of Fundraising and Supporter Engagement.
As Head of Fundraising and Supporter Engagement, you’ll build on existing success to continue to lead, support and develop your Fundraising Team to deliver diversified income targets.
Salary: £49,528 pa
Job Type: Contract - Fixed-Term - 12 months to cover post until the return of the substantive post holder
Hours: Full time, 35 Hours
Location: The role is predominantly based in our central Bristol Whitefriars office but we are a flexible employer so there is opportunity for home working.
You will need a strong background in fundraising - ideally in Individual Giving and Community Fundraising, with a strong understanding of Data, Insight and Compliance and how this informs decision-making. Innovative and progressive, you will continue to transform the ways we understand different audiences and engage with supporters.
You will need to have:
• Extensive proven experience of working in a senior fundraising role
• Proven track record of delivering income against specified targets
• In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of Individual Giving and Community Fundraising, and Insight, Data and Compliance
• Planning and delivering fundraising activity across Individual Giving, Community and Sports and Challenge income streams - working across the wider Fundraising team to ensure an integrated approach to fundraising
• Knowledge and skills of fundraising planning and budgeting procedures
• Knowledge and experience of working with a charity CRM system to establish best practice
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A creative and innovative approach to tasks
• Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
If you want a strategic role with opportunity to innovate, transform, and make an impact, this is the post for you.
What we Offer
Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also, an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options. Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status. Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme. 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays). A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd September 2020
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
You may have experience or an interest in the following: Senior Fundraising Executive, Senior Fundraising Officer, Head of Fundraising, Charity, Fundraising Director, Business Development Executive, Business Development Manager, Charity, Supporter Engagement, Charities, Third Sector, Social Care, Not For Profit, Learning Disabilities etc.