Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Impetus transforms the lives of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds by ensuring they get the right support to succeed in school, in work and in life.
We find, fund and build the most promising charities working with these young people, providing core funding and working shoulder-to-shoulder with their leaders to help them become stronger organisations.
In partnership with other funders we help our charities expand and we influence policy and decision makers so that all young people get the support they need.
Impetus currently has 35 members of staff, supporting 15 charities with programmes across England, Wales and Scotland.
About this role
The Philanthropy Manager is an experienced and highly professional individual who will support the Director of Philanthropy and Partnerships to deliver new co-investment partnerships in line with the our strategy. They will also support the Development Director to develop new business opportunities to widen the donor base of Impetus.
The Philanthropy Manager will be an enthusiastic team player, able to work independently and manage a busy and varied workload.
• Support Director of Philanthropy & Partnerships to deliver Impetus’s co-investment strategy through researching opportunities, writing partnership proposals, building relationships and maintaining accurate records on database (Salesforce).
• Work with Development Director to build and maintain a pipeline of prospects for Impetus. Carry out donor research and report on progress of current prospects. This will be for both core fundraising and co-investment opportunities.
• Stewardship of a small portfolio of Major Gift donors and attending external meetings with prospects and donors.
• Support the Development Director in the creation of new business strategies and the identification of opportunities within the PE sector and beyond, including Corporates, Individuals and Grant Making Trusts.
• Undertake detailed research and network mapping of current supporters and contacts to identify links to appropriate prospects.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of relevant processes and systems (including use of database – Salesforce). Document all research in an accessible and clear way; ensure all records of contacts and approaches are recorded; develop reporting on new business and co-investment pipelines.
• Create and monitor processes and systems to deliver reports to the Senior Management Team and Development Committee.
• Support development of proposals and presentations for philanthropy prospects and co-investment partnerships.
• Research and report on philanthropy trends and industry news.
• Support senior fundraisers on donor reporting, including liaising with our charity partners and the Philanthropy Manager: Engagement & Operations, to create report content. Ensure all communications with external stakeholders are prompt, clear and well written.
• Work closely with account managers to ensure effective stewardship of co-investment donors over the course of donors’ annual giving cycles, including monitoring renewal and reporting schedules, monitoring engagement and managing communications.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to the Philanthropy Assistant, who works with members of the Philanthropy team and Finance team, to ensure all financial data is captured and reported on a timely basis.
• Attend Impetus events to provide support to Philanthropy team.
• Represent the Philanthropy team on internal projects, working groups and committees as required.
• Demonstrate professionalism and best practice in all duties.
• Comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
• Graduate or equivalent experience.
• Experience in developing strategic partnerships
• The ability to work through the fundraising cycle with donors.
• Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Technology, experience in using Salesforce or a comparable CRM system
• An organised, strong project manager with the ability to devise donor engagement plans and use project/account plans, budgets, and other financial information.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Intellectually strong, able to grasp and interpret complex ideas, including the venture philanthropy model of Impetus and the private equity industry.
• Presence, credibility and ability to look beyond own area of expertise.
• The ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects.
• A commitment to Impetus’ mission
• A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
How to apply
Please send your CV and a one-page cover letter telling us why you’re applying for this role to by 9am Monday 03 August 2020.
You should also include the contact details of two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer. Referees will only be approached with your express permission. You will also be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK. As part of our commitment to flexible working we will consider a range of options for the successful applicant. All options can be discussed at interview stage.
First round interviews will take place week commencing 10 August 2020
Due to the large number of applications we receive, it is not possible to write to you should you not be shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Your personal data will be shared for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes our HR team, interviewers (who may include other partners in the project and independent advisors), relevant team managers and our IT service provider if access to the data is necessary for performance of their roles. We do not share your data with other third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. We will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you. We do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
Impetus is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, or marital status. We value diversity and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.