MANE CHANCE SANCTUARY
Mane Chance is growing its team by creating the part-time position of Fundraiser. In this role, you will focus on our corporate and event fundraising, with the aim of developing new channels of income for the charity.
You should be enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated with the ability to work independently while also working closely with our team. You are assertive, yet tactful and able to convey our cause while engaging with stakeholders. You have a proven ability to build and nurture relationships, with a strong foundation of skills in event management along with previous experience of charity fundraising.
The role is to be working from home, however we would expect the candidate to visit the site from time to time as well as local and regional supporters/funders. Knowledge of the local area and local Corporates/SMEs will be considered a significant advantage.
The key elements of the role are described below, but as Mane Chance is a small charity, the successful candidate may be able to demonstrate other areas where they can also make a significant contribution to the organisation;
- The Head of Fundraising will:
- Identify and establish relationships with local and national corporates in order to develop future fundraising channels.
- Position Mane Chance Sanctuary as the charity of the year within local and national companies.
- Identify other corporate partnership and relationship opportunities to fit the needs of corporates.
- Manage the ongoing relationship with existing and new entities, including feedback of Mane Chance Sanctuary activities and acting as brand ambassador for Mane Chance Sanctuary within corporates.
- Identify new and develop an increasing payment-in-kind support from corporates.
- Identify event and charity sponsors, manage the ongoing sponsors relationships and increase sponsorship.
- Instigate, organise and manage fundraising events, including virtual events throughout the year.
- The Head of Fundraising will report to the General Manager
PRINCIPAL ASSIGNMENT OBJECTIVES
- Research and Development of Corporate relationships to include:
- working with local and national corporates to identify possible fundraising relationships.
- obtaining event and charity sponsorship where appropriate.
- working with local and national companies on fundraising initiatives, for example, ‘Charity of the Year’ opportunities.
- negotiating corporate discounts for expenses incurred by the Charity.
- negotiating corporate support and donations to the charity, either monetary or materials
- maintaining the relationships on an ongoing basis, reporting back to corporates, developing further involvement and acting as brand ambassador as appropriate to satisfy their own reporting requirements.
- Identify opportunities to host MCS fundraising events, both physical and virtual, and lead the organisation and delivery of such events throughout the year, aiming to achieve a mutually agreed target income. To include:
- Obtaining corporate support for events.
- Initiating advertising of events through preparation of press releases for approval and distribution.
- Sourcing of auction and raffle prizes where appropriate.
- Sourcing venue, catering and entertainment.
- Managing ticket sales and marketing and subscriptions.
- Liaising with volunteer/community volunteers regarding staffing of the events.
- Managing data capture from supporters and participants to aide in analysis, budgeting and development of fundraising leads.
- Attend regular meetings with the General Manager and other members of the fundraising team to ensure continued tracking of income generation against budgetary targets.
- Using your experience, suggest and develop other new sources of income for the charity under the guidance of the General Manager and Trustees as appropriate.
- Fulfill such additional duties as may be agreed with the General Manager from time to time.
SIGNIFICANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- The General Manager
- The Charity Administrator
- The Chairman and Trustees
- External Contacts:
- Local organisations and personalities.
- Local and National Company Representatives.
- Fundraising contacts.
- Local Event Management organisations.
- Personal contacts.
The Head of Fundraising position is offered as a part-time (24-hours per week), two-year fixed-term contract, with some out-of-hours work neccesary.