Individual Giving Campaigns Manager
Rethink Mental Illness is a national charity that helps those affected by mental illness. We aim to challenge attitudes and change lives. Currently, we directly support almost 60,000 people every year across England, helping them through crises, to live independently and to realise they are not alone.
We are now looking for an Individual Giving Campaigns Manager to join our team and increase our donor engagement.
- Salary of £32,770 - £35,310 including London Weighting
- Pension scheme
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising to 30 days)
- “Your Rethink Day” – an additional day of leave for your birthday
- Paid eye test plus up to £55 towards new glasses or lenses (where appropriate)
If you are a marketing professional with experience in all aspects of direct marketing campaigns, this is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to our ambitious fundraising goals.
Within this diverse role, you will have the chance to build upon your experience, utilise your brilliant creative flair and engage with our donors through new and exciting campaigns.
So, if you want to join a friendly, engaged and motivated team to challenge the stigma and discriminations faced by people severely affected by mental illness, we want to hear from you.
As the Individual Giving Campaigns Manager, you will support our fundraising goals by identifying, recruiting, developing and retaining individual donors through exceptional campaign activity.
You will increase engagement using direct marketing activities via a diverse range of channels, ensuring donors’ needs are met.
Joining the Individual Giving, Legacies and Events Team, your role will also involve:
- Campaign management including appeals and newsletters
- Acquisition marketing via telephone, face-to-face and digital channels
- Producing direct mail and digital marketing content
- Working with the Corporate Partnerships, Communications and Campaigns Teams to deliver effective campaigns
- Building strong relationships both internally and with donors
- Encouraging a fundraising culture within the organisation
To join us as the Individual Giving Campaigns Manager, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience of working in a direct marketing team, preferably in the charity sector
- Experience of database targeting, segmentation, testing and response analysis and associated impacts on budget monitoring and forecasting
- Experience of a range of direct mail, telemarketing, digital advertising and email techniques, including complex multi-channel campaigns
- Proven experience of working to and exceeding targets and KPIs
- Experience of project managing direct marketing campaigns and supporter journeys, of various types including cash and regular giving
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, with the ability to work well, proactively and unsupervised under pressure to deadlines, prioritise your workload and be self-servicing administratively
- The ability to interpret large sets of data, spot trends and adjust according to insights
- A degree level qualification in a relevant subject or an equivalent level of experience working in fundraising
Ideally, you will have a fundraising or marketing related professional qualification, such as IDM, CIM or IoF diploma and/or certificate, but this is not essential. Experience of working with CRM systems, preferably Salesforce and/or IMIS would also be beneficial.
Other organisations may call this role Campaigns Manager, Marketing Manager, Direct Marketing Manager, Giving Campaign Manager, Donor Recruitment Manager, Charity Marketing Manager, Fundraising Marketing Manager, or Marketing Campaign Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 5th March 2020. The 1st stage interviews are scheduled to take place on the 12th March 2020 and 2nd stage interviews are scheduled for the week commencing the 16th March 2020.
Webrecruit and Rethink Mental Illness are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to make a difference as an Individual Giving Campaigns Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.