Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Fundraiser who would like to be part of a dynamic team where they can really make a difference. If you are looking for an inspirational challenge why not join one of the UK’s most recognisable charities and contribute to the incredible work we do across Sue Ryder.
Sue Ryder St John’s Hospice is situated in the village of Moggerhanger in Bedfordshire. We care for people who are approaching the end of their lives with progressive conditions. We have 15 beds and provide residential services for people aged 18 and over who have been referred to us by a healthcare professional. Our philosophy is to work holistically across all disciplines, with each patient receiving individualised programmes of care. We do not just care for our patients; we also look after and support their families and carers, offering bereavement help and spiritual care.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and confident Community Fundraiser with excellent communication skills and experience of developing strong relationships whilst working towards the achievement of targets.
• To plan for and deliver income to target and agreed Key Performance Indicators across a variety of income streams with a focus on recruiting community relationships and developing supporter led activity.
• To work collaboratively with fundraising colleagues across the directorate to help deliver national income streams (legacies, regular giving, events)
• To champion and facilitate a consistent and exceptional supporter care experience
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with the following skills and experience:
• Community fundraising experience including the delivery of supporter led income
• Experience of the recruitment, management and strategic use of volunteers
• An excellent networker, capable of developing relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• A very strong performance ethic, driven and motivated towards the achievement of targets
• Ability to contribute to a pro-active team culture
A driving license is essential in this role.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.
*Competitive Benefits Package* – 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays, buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, 15% off New Goods and lots more. Please visit our careers page for the full list.