Overview of The Union:
Since our founding as a global scientific organisation in 1920, The Union has drawn from the best evidence and the skills, expertise and reach of our staff, consultants and membership in order to advance solutions to the most pressing public health challenges affecting people living in poverty around the world.
As a scientific organisation, The Union’s approach starts with evidence. We conduct research so that we can know the nature of the challenges we face and their most effective solutions. Through our peer-reviewed journals, our global and regional conferences, and through training courses and technical assistance, we provide platforms for sharing scientific knowledge with stakeholders around the world. And by directly delivering health services and advocating on behalf of those affected by tuberculosis and lung disease, we directly act on the best available scientific knowledge. Know. Share. Act. These principles have driven The Union’s work since its founding.
Overview of the position:
Under the supervision and direction of the Director of the Corporate Sponsorship & Fundraising unit (CSF), develop and coordinate a major unrestricted gifts programme for The Union.
Role and Responsibilities
- Identify donor prospects by researching background information on potential donors from The Union's community, other sources, as well as your personal network.
- Build and manage a personal portfolio of 20 - 50 prospects, at both the “major gifts” (gifts of GBP50 000 or above) and corporate/foundation relations level.
- Develop and implement outreach strategies for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts from identified prospects.
- Write complex proposals for solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation prospects.
- In collaboration with the CSF team, maintain record of all prospects and contacts in The Union’s Contact Relations Management program, SalesForce.
- Prepare monthly reports for senior management reflecting caseload activity, potential targets and performance.
- Participate in the weekly meetings, and when required, give presentations at various management and Board meetings.
- Ensure compliance with all donor reporting requirements’ including coordinating with the CSF and finance team as necessary to track use of funds; submit timely reports, and respond to all donors queries.
- Write promotional copy for organizational reports, where needed and other copy for internal and external audiences, as assigned.
- Meet agreed income targets for the major donor and corporate income streams
- International travel, as required.
- Performs other duties/assignments, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years related experience. MBA preferred
- Proven track record of successfully identifying, securing and cultivating major donations in excess of GPB250,000.
- Experience of developing and implementing long-term fundraising strategies, coordinating inputs from a range of stakeholders and adapting these strategies to take account of changes and/or stakeholder needs.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents such as major donors, foundations and corporations.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) skills in English, with proven track record of storytelling and narrative building. Knowledge of additional languages is desirable.
- Excellent computer and IT skills, including the use of standard MS software packages (SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), as well as fundraising databases.
Location: London preferred, but options for remote working in UK or Eastern United States for the right candidate.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English, including your salary expectations by email, stating in the subject line “TU-FMG”.
This position will be open until a candidate has been selected for the post. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.