Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Marketing Specialist (Supporter Engagement Strategy and Individual Giving) (P3)
Private Fundraising and Partnerships UNICEF Geneva Switzerland
Location based in: Geneva, Switzerland
Reporting to:Fundraising Manager, Individual Giving
Annual salary: This is a P3 post on the UN Salary scales
Contract Duration: 364 Days
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment (TA); please refer to UNICEF website for details
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
Purpose of Role
The Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) based in Geneva, Switzerland aims to achieve results for children by maximizing UNICEF's private fundraising and advocacy around the world. To carry out this mission, PFP coordinates fundraising activities and private sector partnerships with National Committees for UNICEF and country offices.
This post provides marketing support and expertise across individual giving, identifying and driving the audience focused approach with the aim of maximizing income for UNICEF. The post will be working with IG teams on bringing marketing excellence to: pledge acquisition, retention and value maximization; one off cash giving including middle donor programs; fundraising from individuals in emergencies and legacy marketing. A key aspect of the role will be supporting the integration across these areas and Communications to enable more effective fundraising outcomes.
The role is based in the UNICEF Geneva office, and sits in the Individual Giving Team which reports to the Marketing Manager Individual Giving (P4). The recruited individual will be guided by the IMPACT plan, the Individual Giving Income Strategy and the Supporter Engagement Strategy (SES). How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Work directly with National Committee and country offices to develop and deliver supporter engagement that delivers improvements to fundraising strategies and performance.
- Deliver integrated marketing support to prioritized countries to enable closer more effective working practices between Fundraising and Communications.
- Work with countries to support delivery of the Self-Assessment matrix for supporter engagement. Support the development of testing of supporter engagement, monitoring adherence to supporter engagement principles and delivery both for HQ and countries.
- Run workshops and webinars for countries to support the development of integrated marketing.
- Working across the SES team, support the delivery of the Self-Assessment Matrix, and participate in the clustering and support planning that the matrix indicates is required.
- Lead on the development of specific marketing tools for countries and regions that enable practical support.
- Partner with PFP functions to develop relevant work and materials to embed principles of supporter engagement in communications and fundraising teams in country.
- Work across the SES teams to ensure the marketing work makes sufficient use of relevant centres of expertise within the project from content, knowledge to more technical areas.
- Support the Marketing Manager on aspects of project management and internal communication, updating key documents as needed to provide up-to-date schedules for stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Regional Support teams and other relevant HQ teams in the development of appropriate supporter engagement strategies as well as in the coordination of market support. Develop relationships with internal and external experts and engage as relevant if market specific strategic opportunities arise.
- Keep in touch with industry experts and keep track of competitor activities.
- Testing plans on track and stakeholders kept informed.
- Self-assessment matrix used effectively with stakeholders to ground, plan and support SES.
- Workshops, tool kits and webinars delivered in line with agreed frequency and quality.
- Through suppliers and internal teams, supporting tools briefed, developed, communicated and assessed.
- Up- to-date delivery plan on marketing and engagement for use with key stakeholders
- At least five years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, digital marketing, individual giving, and/or B2C marketing.
- Experienced and current in digital, integrated marketing, public engagement work and audience trends.
- Prior strategy/management experience working with a global organization, especially working on projects of similar scale, involving multiple users and groups.
- Ability to shape marketing campaigns from initial strategy to implementation and post launch optimization.
- 3 years direct experience managing campaign delivery for multi-channel campaigns.
- Knowledge of current best practices in digital engagement and marketing strategy.
- Knowledge of working with office applications, and planning tools and specifically, modern applications
- Knowledge of United Nations or other international aid or NGOs highly desirable.
- Advanced university degree, or a first university degree plus at least 5 additional years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of marketing or related fields.
- English is required; proficiency in other UN languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is an asset.