Seeking an experienced Fundraising Manager who is looking for a part time role (3 days per week) with a background in individual giving to head up the Individual Giving, Events and Community team at the Vision Foundation for a nine month maternity cover period.
Due to the current environment, this post will be predominantly homebased with some travel to the head office in Lambeth, South London, required on an ad hoc basis.
The Vision Foundation believes passionately that people living with sight loss should have the same opportunities as anyone else. We strive to ensure London is a city that works for everyone and that avoidable sight loss is prevented.
Step by step, we are proving that things can be different. Together, we can save sight and change lives. But we are under no illusion that our task will ever be easy.
2021 is our centenary annivesrary and we have exciting plans to clebrate this significant milestone.
The Vision Foundation is a sector leader in London standing up for the rights and freedoms of people living with sight loss. The charity funds organisations providing front-line projects and services across the capital, and works collaboratively through researching, building capacity, funding and investing and advocacy. We’ve been going for a hundred years but following a cultural and organisational re-shaping, including changing our name and branding, we have the energy and drive of a start-up.
We’re currently recruiting a senior lead for the individual giving, events and community function for maternity leave cover for a nine month contract, commencing mid-November 2020 (exact start date flexible).
Role Purpose: To oversee the strategic development of individual giving, community fundraising, static media collections, and challenge events and to develop and deliver high return special events. The post holder will also lead on developing and delivering cultivation events for the wider fundraising team.
Responsible for: Direct reports: Individual Giving Officer; Database Manager; 2 x Collectors and Community Fundraisers
Main duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of outstanding supporter care across events, community fundraising, regular givers and cash appeal responders
- Oversee the creative, fulfilment and thanking/banking process for at least three direct marketing appeals per year, plus additional stewardship activities
- Oversee the gift aid process – currently managed by the Database Manager
- Develop and test a legacy marketing strategy and workplan (focussed on warm audiences)
- Oversee and roll out an acquisition strategy and workplan to attract new donors – including a welcome journey for individuals who sign up to receive further information through the Vision Foundation’s website
- Deliver the charity’s events programme, including challenge events which retain existing supporters, engages new supporters and achieves annual net income targets during the next 12 months
- Oversee and support the development of the static media collections activity
- Review our community fundraising activity in light of Covid-19 and continue to develop existing relationships
- Maximise opportunities for pro bono support where possible
- Regular givers, cash responders and event participants
- Centenary Appeal Board
- Trustees, our Patrons and key supporters with influence to make the most of their networks
- Suppliers and third party providers – particularly within Individual Giving
- Build good relations with the Grants and Impact team, both to recruit supporters/volunteers and to understand and accurately reflect the Vision Foundation’s work in event communications
- Produce excellent written materials (hardcopy, email and online) to support all aspects of the team’s work
- Work closely with the Head of Communications to ensure PR and media objectives relating to all aspects of the events portfolio are met
- Devise and implement a clear Individual Giving strategy led by donor insight
- Set out clear milestones and KPIs and provide regular annual work plans which support the strategy for Individual Giving, Events and Community Fundraising
- Continue to monitor static media collections activity
- Provide clear and accessible monthly reports to the Director of Development, detailing income and expenditure
- Liaise with the Finance team to ensure that all pledges and requests for payment are received
- Maintaining good records and filing systems, inputting key information into the CRM database
- Follow best practice and legislation in all aspects of fundraising
- Provide excellent leadership and line management to direct reports
- Ensure that team members meet their individual objectives, develop and grow in their roles, and are motivated and high performing
- Work as part of a fundraising leadership team, alongside the Director of Development to devise, deliver and implement the team’s strategy and the organisation’s strategic plan
- Ensure that the team are up-to-date with developments in the sector and keep abreast of latest fundraising innovations to ensure the Vision Foundation can capitalise on new opportunities and adhere to regulatory and legal requirements
- The role description is a general outline of duties and responsibilities and may be amended as the Vision Foundation develops and the role grows. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
- Degree level or appropriate professional qualification
- At least three years experience of managing Individual Giving Fundraising for a charity
- Track record of achieving income targets – both personally and through leading a team of fundraisers
- Line management experience with demonstrable commitment to staff development and progression
- Management (including the planning, resourcing, implementation & monitoring) of successful fundraising campaigns involving multiple income streams and rigorous deadlines
- Experience of devising and implementing fundraising strategies and work plans
- Excellent understanding of finance with experience in the development and management of budgets
- Track record of managing high-level relationships with Trustees and/or senior volunteer committees
- An understanding of and commitment to London’s blind and partially sighted people
- Entrepreneurial skills and a flexible, ‘can-do’ approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate and influence others through both verbal and written media and demonstrates the ability to build effective partnerships
- Excellent project management skills
- An ability to represent the Vision Foundation at the highest level to donors, prospects and senior volunteers/influencers; ability to manage prospective client expectations and keep promises
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail; capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.