Sorry, this vacancy is now closed and applications can’t be submitted!
Purpose of the role
We are at a pivotal point in our growth and we need someone with the creativity and drive to ensure we are maximising on all income generating opportunities. The Women’s Equality Party is seeking a Fundraising and Events Coordinator to support the implementation of our Fundraising Strategy. The post holder will work closely with the Director of Fundraising and Head of Members and Supporters to increase income from individual supporters and members and through our events.
You will work to integrate our member base in all our fundraising and plan and deliver a programme of events that will raise funds and profile for the party and support membership growth. You will have experience of either fundraising or events support and will be able to demonstrate experience of budget management. You will be keen to design and implement systems and processes to enable us to deliver our Fundraising Strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to grow, develop and gain valuable skills and experience. You will be playing a key role in enabling WEP to push women’s equality to the top of the political agenda.
We are looking for:
- At least 2 years experience working in fundraising or events including some budget management
- Experience of being the key contact with a variety of supporters
- A creative mind with the ability to generate innovative ideas and approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce supporter communications or a brief for an event
- Able to command respect at many levels, network and communicate the vision of the Women’s Equality Party to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Self-motivating; able to prioritise workload and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines; capacity to recalibrate at short notice
- Commitment to equal opportunities and sympathetic to the aims and values of the Women’s Equality Party.
- Willingness to undertake training and to develop new skills in response to the organisation’s changing needs
- Team worker, able to delegate and take control, as well as listen to and value others’ contributions.
- Passionate about making change; driven and persistent.
To apply for this role, please submit to us:
- a statement of interest specifically addressing the requirements of the person specification and saying why you want to work for us (Maximum 2 pages. Applications will only be considered with this)
- an up-to-date CV with examples of funds raised and events organised.
- an equal opportunities monitoring form (optional)
Please submit applications by no later than 23.59am on 30th September 2019.
The Women’s Equality Party values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. In relation to this post we particularly welcome applications from BAME candidates as these communities are under-represented within WEP at this level.